The first videogame title I've been involved in, Halo 2 Anniversary, is shipping this week! I worked as Vehicle&Prop Artist with Blur Studio amazing team: check out these wonderful cinematics!
Here's a personal project, a high-res prop ready for game cinematics. I focused on clean hard surface modeling and 8k texturing. Then I got some fun compositing and grading the final image :)
Have a look at the full-res (4k) image, modeling & shading WIPs in my portfolio.
The new issue of 3D Artist magazine features my ScoutUnit1 WIP as Image of the Month in the readers' gallery! Thanks to the editor for choosing my work!
These days I had a little time to progress my science-fiction Grenade personal project. A nice way to improve hard-surface modeling in Maya, texturing in Photoshop, DDO and MARI, shading in 3dsMax and Vray. Post in Photoshop and AfterEffects. Have a look at my Portfolio page to see wireframes!
Original concept by Atomhawk.
Here you are a new update on my ScoutUnit1 project. Shading and rendering in linear space have been done in Octane, 32bit tonemapping and color correction in Photoshop, lens flares in AfterEffects. A pretty nice amount of OpenEXR files!
Shading needs some more polishment (gotta get rid of that noise!!), highlights are still a bit wild and everything looks a little too strong but... that's a lot of fun :)
Time for a new update on my eye-bot, that is now evolving into a bio-tech scouting unit, or something like that, featuring AR focus assistant on a contact lens, infrared lighting system, electrostatic cleaning eyebrows... OK, this is enough Sci-fi stuff for this post.
Here you are the raw preview, straight out of Octane and quickly tonemapped in Photoshop.
During a little hike in our valleys, we found an interesting place on the top of the hills: a big lonely rock surrounded by the woods. During summer it should be almost invisible, but in winter we could spot it. Nice subject for practicing HDR photography!
Canon 600D, 18mm, F13, ISO 100.
9 manual exposures, linearized in Lighroom, tonemapped in PhotomatixPro. Final compositing and color correction in Photoshop. The climber was shot separately in a set of only 3 exposures.
Time for a new personal project, to be done in my spare time. While practicing with MARI and Octane, I came out with this idea. The eye geometry is quite accurate: it includes sclera, iris, pupil, cornea, etc.
I'm planning to use an HDR I'll take with my DSLR for this project... stay tuned!