My name is Davide Di Giannantonio Potente and I am a CG Supervisor and 3D Artist currently residing in Torino, Italy.
I create computer graphics since 2004: I began working as a Software Developer in applied research projects, participating to the foundation of the open source platform MESH, a previsualizaton and production software. After my graduation I've been involved in several linear and interactive 3D productions, working primarily as a Tech Artist, but also as a Lead 3D Artist. I also began teaching scripting and content production for real-time engines.
In 2010 I became 3D/CG Supervisor. So I started concepting and supervising productions concerning virtual reality, industrial simulations, architectural and design previsualizations, museum installations, interactive applications and performances.
Finally, in 2014 I also started a career as freelance 3D Artist, primarily for the CG industry.
Currently, I am working full-time as freelance 3D Artist.
General skills: design, innovate, supervise and push productions.
Organize and coordinate teams to pursue deadlines and artistic goals. Anticipate and solve problems. Teach CG skills and train CG professionals.
Technical skills: design and develop production pipelines, tools for 3D artists, shaders. Create CG contents for both real-time and offline productions. Art supervision and management.
Programming languages: Python, C#, Mel, C++, Java
Shading languages: Cg, HLSL, GLSL
Revision control systems: Perforce, SVN, Git
Programming IDEs: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Notepad++
Real-time 3D Engines: Unreal, Unity, OSG, OGRE, MESH
Offline 3D Renderers: Vray, Octane
3D DCCs: Maya, 3ds Max, ZBrush, Topogun, WorldMachine
Image/texturing software: MARI, Substance, Photoshop
Other software: Worldmachine, xNormal, Marmoset Toolbag
Other skills & interests: digital photography (timelapses, HDR),
traditional drawing, medieval music
- Undisclosed projects - VFX - Offsite Artist - 2019/2020 - Blur Studio
- Undisclosed projects - Cinematics - Offsite Artist - 2019/2020 - Blur Studio
- Terminator Dark Fate - VFX - Hardsurface Artist - Blur Studio
- The Elder Scrolls Online Dark Heart of Skyrim - Cinematics - Hardsurface Artist -2020 - Blur Studio
- The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor - Cinematics - Hardsurface Artist -2020 - Blur Studio
- State of Decay 3 - Cinematics - Hardsurface Artist - 2020 - Blur Studio
- League of Legends Warriors - Cinematics - Hardsurface Artist - 2020 - Blur Studio
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Cinematics - Hardsurface Artist - 2020 - Blur Studio
- The Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr - Cinematics - 2019 - Hardsurface Artist - Blur Studio
- Love, Death & Robots - Netflix - Hardsurface Artist, Art Pipeline Dev - 2018 - Blur Studio
- The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement Trailer - Elsweyr - Cinematics - 2018 - Hardsurface Artist - Blur Studio
- Honor of Kings - Cinematics - Hardsurface Character Artist - 2017 - Blur Studio
- The Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind Announcement Trailer - Cinematics - 2017 - Hardsurface Artist - Blur Studio
- Middle Earth - Shadow of War - Cinematics - Hardsurface Prop Artist -2017 - Blur Studio
- Destiny 2 - Cinematics - Hardsurface Prop Artist -2017 - Blur Studio
- Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare - Cinematics - Hardsurface Prop Artist -2016 - Blur Studio
- ATLAS Reactor - Cinematics - Hardsurface/Character Artist - 2015 - Blur Studio
- League of Gods - VFX - Hardsurface Artist - 2016 - Blur Studio
- Halo Wars 2 - Official E3 Trailer - Hardsurface Artist (modeling, texturing, shading) - 2015/2016 - Blur Studio
- Lawbreakers - Texture Artist - 2015/2016 - BossKey Productions
- World of Tanks XBox One - In-game assets - Texture Artist - 2015 - Liquid Development
- Halo 2 Anniversary - Cinematics - Vehicle & Prop Artist - 2014 - Blur Studio
- WeMockup - an innovative rendering pipeline for design projects - 3D Supervisor
- VR-STAR Rosneft - virtual reality simulation of an oil plant equipments for training scenarios - 3D Supervisor, Lead 3D Artist
- LIS4ALL - automatic translation into Italian Sign Language for transportation - 3D Supervisor, Project Manager
- VRMMP Pipeline - a state-of-the-art production pipeline for 3d and multimedia projects - Technical Leader
- LavoroInteractive - IoLavoro Web Virtual Fairs - interactive 3d web job fair - 3D Supervisor, Technical Leader
- SMAT Acquedotto della Val di Susa - unannounced campaign video - CG Supervisor
- ScopriAlpi - 3D video for the museum installation - CG Supervisor
- Museo del Forte e delle Fortificazioni Alpine - Bard Fortress exhibition, Valle d'Aosta - CG Supervisor
- Bertone ETR1000 Virtual Mockup - Next-gen high speed train interiors interactive visualization for Bertone Stile - Tech Artist, 3D Supervisor
- FraMESHift - Interactive, experimental dance theatre work, Teatro A Corte festival - CG Supervisor
- Turin Before the City - Museo Torino installation at Palazzo Madama - Production Designer, CG Supervisor, Environment Artist
- MESH (Mise-en-scène Helper) - software platform for authoring situated environments in computer graphics - Software Developer
- Virtual TRM - Turin incinerator interactive visualization for TRM - Tech Artist, 3D Supervisor
- Fare gli Italiani - Turin 150 Exhibit Previsualization Video - Tech Artist, CG Supervisor
- Futuro Anteriore - Turin 150 Exhibit Previsualization Video - Tech Artist, CG Supervisor
- ATLAS - Automatic Translation into Italian Sign Language - Software Developer, Tech Artist
- "MESH – Mise en scène Helper", V. Lombardo, F. Nunnari, D. Di Giannantonio, J. Landi, P. Armao, F. Confaloni, S.May - Virtual Reality & Multi Media Park Spa, Joint VR Conference of euroVR and EGVE, 2011, pp. 27–32
- Generating Urban Morphologies from Ontologies, L. Caneparo, M. Collo, D. Di Giannantonio, V. Lombardo, A,
Montuori, S. Pensa, Conceptual Models for Urban Practitioners, Società Editrice Esculapio (ITA)
Art Publications and Awards
- ScoutUnit1 WIP, Image of the Month, 3D Artist magazine issue 73, October 2014
- Viking Sword, Image of the Month, Octane.it community, October 2014
- RebusFarm revealed (featured artwork), 3dtotal.com, February 2015
- Rendering in the Cloud with RebusFarm 2.0 (featured artwork), CGSociety.org, February 2015
- MESH: an open source previsualization software - View Conference 2011, Turin
Social Network Profiles
Available upon request.