It has been a long time since I posted some news on this blog. During the last months I have been working hard on several production projects and I learned how to use a lot of new tools (such as 3ds Max, MaxScript and Vray, finally). So I had very little time to develop and publish some personal work or update this blog.
Anyway during this period, aside my 3D Supervisor position at Illogic - Digital Creativity Labs, I decided to start my career as a freelance 3D Artist.
So I'm very excited about this new opportunity and I'm looking for remote jobs in the gaming and VFX industry. At the moment I'm focusing on hard surface modeling, texturing and shading, but I'm ready for new challenges too.
If you're interested in my profile, please have a look at my portfolio, my resume and feel free to contact me!
Here you are a new update on my ScoutUnit1 project. Shading and rendering in linear space have been done in Octane, 32bit tonemapping and color correction in Photoshop, lens flares in AfterEffects. A pretty nice amount of OpenEXR files!
Shading needs some more polishment (gotta get rid of that noise!!), highlights are still a bit wild and everything looks a little too strong but... that's a lot of fun :)
Time for a new update on my eye-bot, that is now evolving into a bio-tech scouting unit, or something like that, featuring AR focus assistant on a contact lens, infrared lighting system, electrostatic cleaning eyebrows... OK, this is enough Sci-fi stuff for this post.
Here you are the raw preview, straight out of Octane and quickly tonemapped in Photoshop.
During a little hike in our valleys, we found an interesting place on the top of the hills: a big lonely rock surrounded by the woods. During summer it should be almost invisible, but in winter we could spot it. Nice subject for practicing HDR photography!
Canon 600D, 18mm, F13, ISO 100.
9 manual exposures, linearized in Lighroom, tonemapped in PhotomatixPro. Final compositing and color correction in Photoshop. The climber was shot separately in a set of only 3 exposures.
Time for a new personal project, to be done in my spare time. While practicing with MARI and Octane, I came out with this idea. The eye geometry is quite accurate: it includes sclera, iris, pupil, cornea, etc.
I'm planning to use an HDR I'll take with my DSLR for this project... stay tuned!
Can you guess what is this object?
Here's a work in progress of my first project using Mari for texturing.
Modeling with Maya, rendering with Octane.
Still working with Octane, this time at job: here's a work in progress of a famous luxury boat from 1960s.
Just 2 days of work: hard times...
Model bought on Turbosquid.
Still working on the Interceptor... I'm planning to convert it into an atmosphere-capable version of the original Imperial concept.
Renders with Octane, experimenting with Direct Lighting, HDRI and a sun made of emissive geometry.
Here's the work in progress of a Star Wars imperial Tie Interceptor high-poly model... I'll use it for some matte painting personal project I'm planning.
Modeled in polygons with Maya, the drafts are rendered with Octane GPU renderer.